To conduct or support programs providing training and equipment to national security forces of foreign countries for the purpose of building capacity of Partner Nations to conduct one or more of the following activities:
- Counterterrorism operations
- Counter-weapons of mass destruction operations
- Counter-illicit drug trafficking operations
- Counter-transnational organized crime operations
- Maritime and border security operations
- Military intelligence operations
- Operations or activities that contribute to an international coalition operation that is determined by the Secretary to be in the national interest of the United States.
Title 10 U.S.C., Ch. 16, § 333 [from Sec. 1241, NDAA, FY2017, P.L.114-328]
Country teams work through Geographic Combatant Commands (GCCs) to nominate proposals to Office of the Secretary of Defense and the Joint Staff for approval; DSCA provides program management and execution through the Implementing Agencies.