Security cooperation projects that enhance the capacity of partner nations to exercise responsible civilian control of its national security forces, contribute to collective security, and absorb, apply, and sustain national security capabilities.
Title 10 U.S.C., Ch. 16, § 332, 333, and 342
Country teams work through Geographic Combatant Commands (GCCs) to nominate proposals to the Office of the Secretary of Defense and the Joint Staff for approval; DSCA provides program management and execution through the following DoD Defense Institutional Capacity Building programs and organizations managed by DSCA.
- Defense Institution Reform Initiative (DIRI)
- Wales Initiative Funds (WIF)
- The Ministry of Defense Advisor Program (MoDA)
- Defense Institute of International Legal Studies (DIILS)
- The Regional Centers for Strategic Studies
- The Institute for Security Governance (ISG)
MoDA—Defense Wide Operations and Maintenance and Overseas Contingency Operations Fund
Regional Centers—Defense Wide Operations and Maintenance and funding from International and Interagency Partners
ISG—Defense Wide Operations and Maintenance and Title 22 funding